Scoccia, Humberto M.D.
Bert Scoccia, MD, is Medical Director of the IVF Program at the University of Illinois Center for IVF & Fertility, located in Chicago, and the Director of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. He is a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology in the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago.
Dr. Scoccia received his Medical Degree from Indiana University School of Medicine and completed Residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Methodist Hospital. He completed his Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Michael Reese Hospital in 1987. Dr. Scoccia is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology with a subspecialty certification in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Dr. Scoccia is a nationally recognized specialist and member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine that establishes clinical practice guidelines in North America. Dr. Scoccia's research, which has been sponsored by the National Cancer Institute, focuses on the study of possible long term side effects of fertility drugs in infertile women. He also is investigating ways to optimize ovulation induction protocols in poor responder patients undergoing IVF. Dr. Scoccia has been honored with the Physician Award of Excellence by Resolve of Illinois. He has once again been awarded Best Doctor 2011-2012 by Best Doctors ® and Chicago Magazine's 2012 Top Doctors for Women: Reproductive Endocrinology. Dr. Scoccia is fluent in Spanish and Italian.
- Board Certification: Reprodcutive Endocrinology and Intertility
- Board Certification: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellowship: Michael Reese Hospital & Medical Center
- Residency: Methodist Hospital
- Internship: Methodist Hospital
- Medical School: Indiana University School of Medicine
- Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding
- In Vitro Fertilization
- Induction of Ovulation / Fertility Drugs
- Irregular Menstrual Cycles
- Laparoscopy - Advanced Hysteroscopy Surgery
- Pelvic Pain
- Polycystic Ovaries
- Premature Menopause
- Repeated Pregnancy Losses
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Uterine Fibroid
1801 West Taylor Street
Outpatient Care Center - Suite 4 A
Chicago, IL 60612