Slavin, Konstantin M.D.
Dr. Konstantin Slavin's clinical interests include all applications of surgical neuromodulation and functional neurosurgery. This includes treatment of pain, movement disorders, epilepsy, and psychiatric diseases with particular interest in treatment of facial pain, cancer-related pain, Chiari malformation, stereotactic radiosurgery, brain tumors and spinal problems.
He has received many clinical and professional awards, including "Most Compassionate Doctor," and for many years has been included in the prestigious "Top Surgeons" and "Best Doctors" lists in USA. He is a professor of neurosurgery and head of the Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery section at UIC. He is the Past-President of the American Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, and Director-at-Large of the North American Neuromodulation Society and the International Neuromodulation Society.
He also serves on Medical Advisory Board of the Facial Pain Association (formerly Trigeminal Neuralgia Association). He has authored and co-authored more than a hundred chapters and peer-reviewed articles, edited three books on Peripheral Nerve Stimulation, and presented at countless educational events and professional conferences. He is now an associate editor of Neuromodulation, Neurosurgery, Surgical Neurology International and a member of editorial boards of several other professional journals.
Dr. Slavin's research interests parallel his clinical expertise and include practical aspects of neuromodulation, multitude of prospective clinical studies and pioneering research in spinal cord stimulation for cerebral vasospasm, surgical treatment for migraines, and deep brain stimulation for tremor, Parkinson disease, and depression.
- Board Certification: Neurosurgery
- Fellowship: Oregon Health Sciences University School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago
- Internship: University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago
- Medical School: Azerbaijan State Medical Institute, Baku Azerbaijan
- Brain Tumors
- Carpal Tunnel, Ulnar Nerve and Other Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Chiari Malformation
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Facial Pain, including Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Spasticity (Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Stoke)
- Spinal Surgery
- Surgery for Chronic Pain
- Surgery for Parkinson’s Disease
- Surgery for Tremors and Dystonia
1801 West Taylor Street
Outpatient Care Center - Suite 4 E
Chicago, IL 60612