Deane, Leslie M.D.
Dr. Deane specializes in the minimally invasive management of urologic cancers (kidney, ureter, adrenal, bladder and prostate) by either an endoscopic, laparoscopic or robotic approach. This includes laparoscopic radical nephrectomy for kidney cancer, pure laparoscopic and robotic partial nephrectomy for smaller (< 4 cm) kidney tumors, laparoscopic adrenalectomy for benign (adenomas and pheochromocytomas) and malignant lesions (adrenal cancer) and nerve sparing robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. He also specializes in the endourologic management of kidney and ureteral stones (ureteroscopic and percutaneous), ureteral stricture (ureteroscopic) and ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction (ureteroscopic incision, laparoscopic and robotic pyeloplasty).
Dr. Deane also performs single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS)/no scar surgery, for carefully selected patients requiring removal of a kidney for benign (non-cancerous) and malignant (cancerous) reasons. He is currently one of only a few surgeons in the Midwest and one of the only surgeons in the state of Illinois, performing this kind of advanced laparoscopic surgery.
The availability of the Da Vinci Robot system allows Dr. Deane to perform the Robotic Radical Prostatectomy.
- Board Certification: Board Certification - Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- Fellowship: University of California Irvine College of Medicine - Laparoscopy, Endourology and Robitic Urologic Surgery
- Residency: University of Toronto - Urology
- Internship: University of Toronto - Urology
- Medical School: University of West Indies School of Clinical Medicine and Research
- Adrenal Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Prostate Cancer
- Robotic Surgery
1801 West Taylor Street
Outpatient Care Center - Suite 1 E
Chicago, IL 60612