Affordable Care Act Forum in Little Village
Posted: November 26, 2013 by UI Health Marketing
The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System partnered with Azteca Channel 61 to host an Affordable Care Act (ACA) Forum in Spanish. 250 people attended the Town Hall meeting held Saturday, November 23 at Little Village High School.
Many topics were covered, including:
- Options for health insurance coverage through the ACA
- How this affects those already covered with Medicare and Medicaid
- New rules about pre-existing conditions
- Options for family members of those who are illegal immigrants
- How UI Health can help you obtain health insurance or answer any further questions
Before and after the ACA Forum, UI Health staff provided information and answered personal questions, as the public visited the UI Health Table for appointments and guidance. The ACA Forum was taped by Azteca Channel 61 with a rerun of the forum coming soon on their news
Panelists included: Teresa Garcia, Program Services Specialist, Financial Case Management Unit, UI Health; Zulma Matias, Program Services Specialist, Financial Case Management Unit, UI Health; Luis Soto, Financial Counselor, Department of Social Work, UI Health; Dr. Silvia Villares, Pediatrician, UI Health and Salvador Cerna, Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace, Regional Outreach Coordinator, Office of the Governor. The Moderator was Enrique Garcia Fuentes.