Endodontics (Root Canal)
- The Postgraduate Endodontics clinic is located in suite 314, third floor of the College of Dentistry.
- Root canal therapy and related services are offered in the Endodontic Clinic using an array of state-of-the-art equipment and techniques, including sophisticated surgical microscopes.
- Patients may be referred to this clinic after initial screening, as part of their treatment in the College, or on recommendation of a private dentist. Patients without a private dentist referral must undergo screening in the admitting clinic before assignment to the endodontic clinic. For information about admittance into the Comprehensive Care or Urgent Care programs, please call 312.996.7558.
- Patients who have been screened and are awaiting their Endodontic appointment, or are already in treatment may reach the clinic directly at 312.355.3615.
- The Postgraduate Endodontics clinic is temporarily not accepting new outside referral patients.
The Department of Endodontics at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry has a unique history. Started by the innovative and nationally renowned Dr. Charles G. Maurice in 1965, the department also was chaired for many years by Dr. Nijole A. Remeikis, the first woman Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics and an internationally honored endodontic educator. The department in the 1990s offered the first Endodontic Microscopy Center in the Midwest, providing a unique level of training to students and continuing education opportunities to alumni and others.
The Department of Endodontics aspires to be one of the top clinical endodontic training programs in the world, while at the same time actively engaging our residents in important clinical and translational research.
Our current group of full-time and part-time clinical faculty is one of the strongest in the country. We are also very fortunate to have established ongoing collaborative arrangements with top-notch biomedical research scientists.