The Family Birth Place
Congratulations on your pregnancy! The Family Birth Place is focused on giving mothers-to-be supportive care during their pregnancy and on their delivery day. We are proud to offer:
- 24-hour physician and midwife attendants
- Excellent nursing staff
- Care for extremely premature infants (Level 3 newborn nursery)
- Centralized fetal monitoring
- Non-medical support: birthing balls, squatting position, and more
- 24-hour OB anesthesia access
- Outstanding breastfeeding support, including a full-time lactation consultant and trained postpartum nurses
- Free prenatal (childbirth education) classes
- Choice of a family physician or pediatrician to care for your newborn
Upon arrival on your special day, moms are asked to go to the Main Emergency Room(located on the first floor of the hospital). You will be registered as a patient and brought to the 4 th floor OB ER. In the OB ER, nurses and healthcare providers will assess you and determine if you will be admitted to deliver your baby.
If you have these symptoms come to the emergency room immediately:
- Contractions (or abdominal tightening) every 10 minutes
- Vaginal bleeding
- Watery leakage of fluid
FULL TERM LABOR:
- Strong contractions every 5 minutes
- Leakage of watery fluid
- Know the name and dosage of the medications you are taking, as well as when the last does was taken.
- For urgent matters, please call you clinic 24 hours a day-an attendant is always on duty.
- Please contact your provider if you feel your baby is not moving as much as usual.