The University Of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System provides inpatient and outpatient consultations, diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of infection-related medical and surgical problems. Our Infectious Diseases specialists are dedicated to helping patients with a variety of infectious diseases and aggressively pursuing knowledge and skills in order to better understand and treat emerging problems in infectious diseases.
Our contacts with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, City and State Health Departments, UIC School of Public Health and other Infectious Diseases specialists throughout the Chicago metropolitan area, the U.S. and internationally allow us to be stay current on the latest information and to share information about diverse problems regarding diagnosis, epidemiology and therapy.
Our specialists treat patients with the entire spectrum of infectious diseases, including:
• HIV/AIDS and related opportunistic infections
• Community acquired and hospital acquired bacterial infections
• Infections in immunocompromised patients, including those with (1) hematological and organ related malignancies, (2) stem cell or organ transplants and (3) congenital immunodeficiency disease states
• Herpes virus infections
• Hepatitis virus infections
• Mycobacterial infections, including TB, drug-resistant TB and non-TB mycobacterial (NTM) diseases
• Fungal infections
Our Infectious Diseases Program includes specialists with expertise in clinical, epidemiological, pharmacological, immunological and research aspects of the specialty. Our nursing staff is experienced in caring for patients with infectious diseases. They are committed to working closely with the patient's medical team in order to assure the best care possible.
Outpatient Care Center
1801 West Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60612
To request an appointment, please call 312.996.8337.