Financial Assistance at UI Hospital
The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System provides financial assistance for uninsured patients that meet certain requirements. We determine the level of discount that you will receive based on your income in comparison to current Federal Poverty rates.
UI Hospital's financial assistance program is designed for uninsured patients and does not offer any discounts on coinsurance, deductibles or other out of pocket expenses for patients with third party insurance. In addition, the program only covers services billed by UI Hospital and does not cover most physician services.
We also offer a Catastrophic Claim discount that results in even higher levels of discounts in the event you incur a medical claim that is in excess of certain thresholds.
The University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System also offers an Uninsured Patient Discount Program. This program provides a discount for uninsured patients that demonstrate a financial need and may not otherwise qualify for Charity Care. The discount applies to self-pay patients who are receiving medically necessary services and do not qualify for other funding programs. The patient or guarantor must request the discount within 60 days of receiving an invoice from UI Health. The Uninsured Patient Discount only applies to services billed by the hospital. Other terms and conditions apply. Patients can request this discount by contacting 312.996.1000.
Financial Assistance Application Process
1. Contact a Financial Case Manager by dialing
312.413.7621 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Obtain a copy of the Financial Assessment Application
3. Complete the application and submit supporting
4. Submit the completed application and documents to a
5. A financial counselor will respond to your application
as soon as possible.
Supporting documents usually include things like:
- An ID Card (Drivers License or State ID)
- Your tax returns (last 2 years if available)
- Your pay stubs (last 3 months if available)
- Information on any other income sources
- A statement of financial hardship. This is usually
needed if you cannot provide pay stubs, tax returns or
information that would help us determine your income
level and status.
- Other documents as determined by your Financial
-Financial Case Management Unit (Financial Counselors)
-Medical Center Patient Accounts Department (Hospital Billing)
-University of Illinois Physician Group (Physician Billing)