Best Doctors in America
UI Health consistently has more than 100 Doctors listed in Best Doctors in America
US News & World Report
- Cancer Services and Urology Services are high ranking
- Neurosurgery services earned a special Health Grades recognition
UI Health is a leader of The Chicago Diabetes Project, an international research initiative dedicated to curing diabetes with islet cell transplantation.
UI Health is the first academic health center in the Midwest to offer the LenSx Femtosecond Laser to select cataract patients. This laser system, with accuracy to a few hundred-thousandths of an inch, allows eye surgeons to optimize patient outcomes.
Heart Disease & Cardiology Care
UI Health cardiologists have been leaders in using radial artery access for coronary angiography and re-vascularization, a technique recently shown to provide optimal outcomes for patients with heart disease.
UI Health is home to the Walter Payton Liver Center, an integrated program of research, education, and care dedicated to treating patients with liver disease.
UI Health Neurosurgeons have special expertise in treating brain aneurysms, having helped more than 1,000 patients in the last four years, the most in the state of Illinois.
Sickle Cell Disease
UI Health was the first center to cure patients of Sickle Cell Disease through stem cell transplantation.
- UI Health, a leader in live donor transplantation, is among the best kidney and liver transplant programs
- One of the most prominent transplant programs for Hispanic transplant recipients in the US.
- UI Health has one of the largest midwifery program in the Midwest
- Chicago's only women's mid-life program
- A highly recognized uterine fibroid embolism (UFE) program
- One of the largest recurrent pregnancy loss programs in North America, offering hope to women and their partners who have suffered previous miscarriages.