What is CenteringPregnancy?
CenteringPregnancy is prenatal care that includes your regular health check-up with additional time for learning and sharing.
Groups start after the first trimester. You'll meet with your healthcare provider and other women who have similar due dates for 10 sessions throughout your pregnancy.
CenteringPregnancy is a way for you to:
- Experience your pregnancy with other pregnant women
- Participate in interactive learning that will let you experience your pregnancy in a new and rewarding way
- Join other expectant moms who have the same questions you do
How does it work?
You do some of your own care (weight, blood pressure, charting) and have private time with your care provider. There will be group discussion and activities. Snacks are provided and there is time for sharing with other group members in a relaxed and fun setting.
Who is in the group?
As the months go by, you will get to know other mothers in your group who are due at the same time. Often partners and support people join the groups as well. It's a friendship bond that can last a lifetime.
How much time does it take?
Centering® respects your time - groups start and end on time. Each group visit lasts about 2 hours with your healthcare provider guiding the session. Scheduling in advance makes planning for work and childcare easier.
- Have more time with your provider
- Participate more in your healthcare
- Learn more about pregnancy
- Be better prepared for birth
- Be better prepared to care for your baby
- And have fun!
Why you'll love it!
It's better care! Look at the results:
- Women tell us they prefer getting prenatal care in a Centering group.
- Women in Centering groups are less likely to have a preterm baby.
- Women feel more confident to make healthy decisions for themselves and their family.
- Centering moms have higher breastfeeding rates, which is healthier for mom and baby.
- Women say, "It's fun!"
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information and to get signed up for Centering Pregnancy, call 312.996.4696 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CenteringPregnancy at the Center for Women's Health
Outpatient Care Center
1801 W. Taylor Street; Suite 4C
Chicago, IL 60612