- General Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Certified Nurse Midwives
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- UI Health Fertility Preservation Program
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Women’s Pelvic Health
- Urogynecology Program
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Center for Reproductive Health
- Family Birth Place
UI Health Fertility Preservation Program
The University of Illinois Fertility Preservation Program offers a comprehensive team approach to help women faced with serious conditions, which may impair future fertility.
- The American Cancer Society estimates that in 2008, 700,000 women will have a cancer diagnosis
- More than 11,000 breast cancer patients are diagnosed under the age of 40 each year
- 21% of gynecologic cancer patients are diagnosed under the age of 45
- The number of cancer survivors in the United States has increased from 3 million in 1971 to 10 million in 2001!
- Over the past few decades 80-90% of patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) survive at least 10 years
- Women of reproductive age with severe SLE are sometimes treated with Cyclophosphamide, an Alkylating agent which may cause premature ovarian failure (POF) and loss of future reproductive potential
- Other severe Autoimmune Diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Systemic Sclerosis, and Sjogren Syndrome are sometimes treated with Cyclophosphamide, putting women of reproductive age at risk for POF
Our team consists of reproductive endocrinologists, medical and surgical oncologists, rheumatologists, pathologists, embryologists, research and clinical nurses, social workers and clinical ethics consultants who are here to help.
Drs. Bert Scoccia and Dr. A. Musa Zamah at the University of Illinois Fertility Center are Board Certified specialists in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility.
Humberto "Bert" Scoccia, MD
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Director of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Medical Director of the University of Illinois at Chicago IVF Program
Director of the University of Illinois Fertility Preservation Program
Read more >>
A. Musa Zamah, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Program Director of the University of Illinois at Chicago IVF Program
Director, REI Fellowship
Read more >>
We are happy to discuss our Fertility Preservation Program and any other issues with you during an office consultation.
To learn more about the University of Illinois Fertility Preservation Program, visit the links below.
- Patient Considerations
- Indications for Fertility Preservation
- Risk of Premature Ovarian Failure
- Summary of Fertility Preservation Options
- Fertility After Cancer Treatment
- Pregnancy Outcome in Cancer Survivors
- Patient Resources
To make a new patient appointment, call 312.355.2634
Existing patients, call University of Illinois Reproductive Medicine Program at 312.355.2634