- Adolescent Medicine
- Adolescent and Pediatric Weight Management Program
- General Pediatrics
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Genetics
- Pediatric Hematology / Oncology
- Pediatric Immunology Allergy & Pulmonology
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Intensive Care Units (PICU)
- Pediatric Nephrology (Kidney & Urological)
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Rheumatology
It's only natural to worry when you're a parent, but even more so if you are experiencing a high-risk pregnancy or facing an unexpected outcome following the birth of your child.
UI Health Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine specialists offer both primary and specialized care for both unborn babies who are at risk and newborn babies with special health needs. As a state designated Perinatal Center and Regional Center of Excellence for neonatal care, we care for babies transported in from all over the community and Illinois.
Caring for Yours as Our Own
At UI Health, we care for every child as if it were our own. Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit provides the best possible care for premature newborns and critically ill infants.
- Highly skilled, caring nurses
- 30 beds in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 24 beds in our Intermediate Care Nursery
- A separate newborn nursery for babies born without special health needs
- A special transport team for babies who need to be transferred from other areas
We continue to take care of your baby even after they leave one of our intensive or special care nurseries. Our Developmental Follow-Up Clinic provides continued evaluations to make sure they continue thrive and grow into healthy children.
1740 W Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
For Transfer & Admission to Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Inpatient Pediatric Floor, and Pediatric Surgery, call 855.UIC.CHUI (855.842.2484)