- Adolescent Medicine
- Adolescent and Pediatric Weight Management Program
- General Pediatrics
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Genetics
- Pediatric Hematology / Oncology
- Pediatric Immunology Allergy & Pulmonology
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Intensive Care Units (PICU)
- Pediatric Nephrology (Kidney & Urological)
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Rheumatology
The Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery teams at Children’s Hospital University of Illinois provide diagnosis and treatment of acquired heart problems and congenital heart disease or malfunction in children.
The conditions treated include Heart murmurs, enlarged Heart, arrhythmia, congenital heart disease, cardiomyopathy, infections and endocarditis, pulmonary hypertension, cardiac failure, among other diagnoses. We offer a full array of diagnostic techniques, many of which are noninvasive. The cardiology team regularly performs state-of-the-art noninvasive and minimally invasive tests and procedures including cardiac EKG, echocardiography, catheterization and angiography, ablation therapy for arrhythmias, and more.
Surgical procedures performed by the cardiothoracic surgery team include the repair or palliation of all forms of congenital heart disease, including septal defects.
The outpatient clinic appointments are available through physician referral and appointment. Outpatient appointments with our physicians are also available at Mercy-Provena Hospital in Aurora.