- Adolescent Medicine
- Adolescent and Pediatric Weight Management
- General Pediatrics
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Genetics
- Pediatric Hematology / Oncology
- Pediatric Immunology Allergy & Pulmonology
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Nephrology (Kidney & Urological)
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Rheumatology
Pediatric Critical Care
In the Pediatric Critical Care Unit, the children we treat are seriously ill with respiratory, circulatory or neurological problems. We care for children who have undergone transplantations, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery and other surgical procedures. Our Pediatric Critical Care Unit offers the latest equipment and intensive monitoring by physicians and nurses skilled in providing this advanced level of medical treatment.
Our Pediatric Critical Care Unit is designated by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) as a Pediatric Critical Care Center (PCCC) and is one of the few such centers in the State of Illinois.
How does CHUI deliver specialized care?
Team of dedicated caregivers
- A specialized interdisciplinary team consisting of pediatric critical care physicians, ICU nurses, respiratory therapists, intensive care pharmacists, to care for children with urgent medical needs
- Additional staff includes child life specialists, occupational therapy, speech therapy, physical therapy, social work, dietary, psychiatry and child protective services
- Customized child-sized technology and equipment
- On-site radiology with low doses of radiation, adjusted appropriately for the child's age
- Expert management of emergencies ranging from allergic reactions to broken bones to complex illnesses
- Frequent conduction of pediatric care quality improvement activities
Access to All Hospital Resources
- An EDAP-recognized emergency department
- Access to specialized inter-facility transport services for critically ill and injured children, as well as protocols to assist in the transfer process
1740 W. Taylor St
Chicago, IL 60612
For Transfer & Admission to Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Inpatient Pediatric Floor, and Pediatric Surgery, call 855.455.4725.