FAQs for Students
1. If I'm a UIC student, where can I get my prescriptions on campus?
a. West side of campus: EEI/Taylor St Pharmacy 1855 W. Taylor St Room 1071. Located conveniently next door to the Outpatient Care Clinic.
b. East side of campus: University Village Pharmacy 722 W. Maxwell St. Suite 205. Located conveniently across the hall from the Family Medicine Center, your primary care office.
2. What are your hours?
a. EEI/Taylor St. Pharmacy M-F 9:00-5:45
b. University Village Pharmacy Mon, Tues, Fri 8:30-5:30, Wed 9:00-5:30, Thurs 8:30-8:00, Sat 9:00-1:00
3. Who can fill prescriptions at these locations?
a. All UIC students. We also serve Campus Care dependents.
4. How do I get a prescription filled at one of your student locations? And how much will it be?
a. You may have your prescriber send the prescription electronically or physically bring the prescription in. Other forms of prescriptions may be accepted from prescribers outside the UI Health system
b. Please bring in your UIC student I-card, and your prescription insurance plan information.
c. Medication costs and copays will vary depending on the insurance coverage.
5. Do you accept Campus Care insurance?
a. Yes, we are your In-network pharmacies for campus care
b. Why? Using our in-network pharmacies limits your out-of-pocket expenses. If you use out of network pharmacies you are responsible for the total cost and submitting for reimbursement from Campus Care
c. Please see your Campus Care Certificate of Coverage for more info about your cap - www.campuscare.uic.edu
6. Do you accept other insurance plans such as my parents plan?
a. Yes we do! We accept many commercial insurance plans. Please ask if we take your plan.
7. Can I receive birth control at your locations?
a. Yes. If you are a registered UIC student, the Student Health benefit helps cover approved birth controls. This is only offered at our two student pharmacy locations.
8. What do I do if my original prescription is at another pharmacy?
a. Give us a call and we may be able to transfer the prescription/s. The prescription must be valid and have current refills.
9. Do you offer UIC students discounts?
a. Yes, we offer a 10% discount on over-the-counter items for UIC Students
10. Can I pick up my prescription while I wait or the same day?
a. Yes, if we have the medication in stock, we will work on your prescription while you wait.
11. Can I get immunizations at the pharmacy?
Yes. If you have Campus Care, the flu shot and the pertussis vaccine are covered without an out of pocket payment at the pharmacy. We also accept other insurance plans that may cover immunizations. Ask us for more details regarding other immunizations that we offer.