Screening Saves Lives
Early detection saves lives.
Know when to get screened.
At UI Health, we recommend:
- Women begin annual screening mammograms at age 40.
- Women who are at an increased risk of breast cancer, for example due to family history breast cancer or a personal history of chest radiation for lymphoma, should have a conversation with their doctor about earlier screening and additional breast screening tests, such as MRI.
- Women ages 35 to 39 may obtain one baseline mammogram.
- Screening should continue as long as a woman is in good health and is expected to live 5 more years or longer.
UI Health offers:
- Same day or next day appointments at our Outpatient Care Center and Mile Square Health Center
- Timely results
- Patient centered care from expert technicians and staff
To learn more about the mammography services at UI Health, click here