Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
UI Health Celebrates Diversity
Black History Month
Women's History Month
Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
LGBTQ+ Pride Month
Disability Pride Month
Hispanic Heritage Month
Native American Heritage Month
Urban Health Club
The UIC Urban Health Program Urban Health Club (UHC) was established in 2019 in partnership with the UI Health CHAMPIONS program and replaced the former CHAMPIONS After-School Club (2016-2018).
UHC Programmatic Strategies
- Higher education application processes & financial aid counseling
- Academic advising
- Health career pathways exposure
- Professional skills development
- COVID-19 Youth Ambassador Program
- Social justice & health equity awareness in partnership with CHAMPIONS
UHC Programmatic Offerings
- UHC in partnership with CHAMPIONS (All high school grade levels eligible to join).
UHC participants referred to the CHAMPIONS summer internship.
- Incoming college freshmen UHC alumni are referred to partner UIC pre-health prep undergraduate programs; Chicagoland-based undergraduates are referred to pre-health resources when applicable.
Click here to learn more about UHC.