UI Health News with Dr. Robert Barish
In the latest UI Health News video, Dr. Barish welcomes Mike Zenn, the new CEO of the University of Illinois Hospital & Clinics, to talk about his goals for UI Health in 2018 and beyond - including electronic health information (EHR) infrastructure changes, the new ambulatory surgical center, and long-term strategic plans.
- November 2017: Dr. Barish chats with Dr. Wayne Giles, dean of the UIC School of Public Health. Dr. Giles joined the School of Public Health in September 2017, and he brings nearly three decades of public health experience to his new role, including more than 20 years at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- August 2017: Dr. Barish dedicates this segment to Dr. Avijit Ghosh, who has served as our hospital CEO since 2014. Dr. Ghosh discusses what he has learned and highlights efforts to create an integrated information infrastructure.
- June 2017: Dr. Barish hosts Dr. Enrico Benedetti, head of the Department of Surgery, and Dr. David Perkins, director of research for transplantation at UIC, to discuss UI Health's growing transplantation program.
- March 2017: Dr. Barish welcomes Dr. Rosenblatt, Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, and Dr. Lim, Retina Service, to talk about UI Health's advancements in vision restoration with the Argus II retinal prosthesis.
- January 2017: Dr. Barish chats with Dr. Terry Vanden Hoek and Teri Campbell about their mission to improve cardiac arrest outcomes across the globe, and he reflects on end-of-year milestones including Mile Square Health Center's 50th anniversary, the opening of the Pilsen Family Health Center Lower West, and the launch of the new "This is Personal" media campaign.
- November 2016: In the inaugural video, Dr. Barish recognizes a few of UI Health's highlights during 2016: new role of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs, rebranding of the University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System as "UI Health," the nationally recognized "Better Health Through Housing" program, and opening of the new Pilsen Family Health Center Lower West.