UI Health News with Dr. Robert Barish
This edition of UI Health News features the Office of Community Engagement and Neighborhood Health Partnerships (OCEAN-HP) and its senior director, Angela Ellison. OCEAN-HP supports unique community partnerships that engage UIC students, faculty and staff in long-term, meaningful relationships that promote health and wellness within neighborhoods and communities throughout Chicago. This interview touches upon the expansive programming of OCEAN-HP by highlighting the recent Healthy Start program grant and the dedication of Mile Square Health Center's Dr. Cynthia "Cee" Barnes-Boyd/Drake school-based clinic.
- January 2019: This edition looks at the 40th academic year of the UIC Urban Health Program. UI Health News featured the inclusive legacy of our Urban Health Program with an interview of its executive director, Dr. Darryl Pendleton. Dr. Barish also discusses the significance of UHP for the state of Illinois
- November 2018: This edition looks at the College of Nursing with Dean Terri Weaver, RN, PhD and the updates the college has experienced in recent years - including the opening of a Springfield campus, simulation advancements and world-renowned research.
- August 2018: This edition takes a closer look at the College of Dentistry with an interview of Dean Clark Stanford, DDS, PhD, that provides an update to the Pediatric Dentistry Ambulatory Surgery Project.
- June 2018: Dr. Barish welcomes Mary Keehn, director of Interprofessional Education (IPE) and Collaborative Practice, to discuss implementing a strategic plan and the recent celebration of IPE Immersion Day.
- March 2018: Dr. Barish welcomes Mike Zenn, the new CEO of the University of Illinois Hospital & Clinics, to talk about his goals for UI Health.
- November 2017: Dr. Barish chats with Dr. Wayne Giles, dean of the UIC School of Public Health. Dr. Giles joined the School of Public Health in September 2017, and he brings nearly three decades of public health experience to his new role, including more than 20 years at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- August 2017: Dr. Barish dedicates this segment to Dr. Avijit Ghosh, who has served as our hospital CEO since 2014. Dr. Ghosh discusses what he has learned and highlights efforts to create an integrated information infrastructure.
- June 2017: Dr. Barish hosts Dr. Enrico Benedetti, head of the Department of Surgery, and Dr. David Perkins, director of research for transplantation at UIC, to discuss UI Health's growing transplantation program.
- March 2017: Dr. Barish welcomes Dr. Rosenblatt, Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, and Dr. Lim, Retina Service, to talk about UI Health's advancements in vision restoration with the Argus II retinal prosthesis.
- January 2017: Dr. Barish chats with Dr. Terry Vanden Hoek and Teri Campbell about their mission to improve cardiac arrest outcomes across the globe, and he reflects on end-of-year milestones including Mile Square Health Center's 50th anniversary, the opening of the Pilsen Family Health Center Lower West, and the launch of the new "This is Personal" media campaign.
- November 2016: In the inaugural video, Dr. Barish recognizes a few of UI Health's highlights during 2016: new role of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs, rebranding of the University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System as "UI Health," the nationally recognized "Better Health Through Housing" program, and opening of the new Pilsen Family Health Center Lower West.