UI Health News with Dr. Robert Barish
Our August edition of UI Health News features Mark Rosenblatt, MD, PhD, MBA - the new Executive Dean of the University of Illinois College of Medicine. After a national search process, Dean Rosenblatt was appointed earlier this year to lead one of the nation's largest Colleges of Medicine. As he steps into this role, Dean Rosenblatt discusses his passion and vision to take medical education, innovation, and simulation at UIC into the future.
- May 2019: This edition features the Office of Community Engagement and Neighborhood Health Partnerships (OCEAN-HP) and its senior director, Angela Ellison.
- January 2019: This edition looks at the 40th academic year of the UIC Urban Health Program and featured the inclusive legacy of our Urban Health Program with an interview of its executive director, Dr. Darryl Pendleton.
- November 2018: This edition looks at the College of Nursing with Dean Terri Weaver, RN, PhD and the updates the college has experienced in recent years.
- August 2018: This edition takes a closer look at the College of Dentistry with an interview of Dean Clark Stanford, DDS, PhD, that provides an update to the Pediatric Dentistry Ambulatory Surgery Project.
- June 2018: Dr. Barish welcomes Mary Keehn, director of Interprofessional Education (IPE) and Collaborative Practice, to discuss implementing a strategic plan and the recent celebration of IPE Immersion Day.
- March 2018: Dr. Barish welcomes Mike Zenn, the new CEO of the University of Illinois Hospital & Clinics, to talk about his goals for UI Health.
- November 2017: Dr. Barish chats with Dr. Wayne Giles, dean of the UIC School of Public Health.
- August 2017: Dr. Barish dedicates this segment to Dr. Avijit Ghosh, who has served as our hospital CEO since 2014.
- June 2017: Dr. Barish hosts Dr. Enrico Benedetti, head of the Department of Surgery, and Dr. David Perkins, director of research for transplantation at UIC, to discuss UI Health's growing transplantation program.
- March 2017: Dr. Barish welcomes Dr. Rosenblatt, Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, and Dr. Lim, Retina Service, to talk about UI Health's advancements in vision restoration with the Argus II retinal prosthesis.
- January 2017: Dr. Barish chats with Dr. Terry Vanden Hoek and Teri Campbell about their mission to improve cardiac arrest outcomes across the globe, and he reflects on end-of-year milestones including Mile Square Health Center's 50th anniversary, the opening of the Pilsen Family Health Center Lower West, and the launch of the new "This is Personal" media campaign.
- November 2016: In the inaugural video, Dr. Barish recognizes a few of UI Health's highlights during 2016: new role of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs, rebranding of the University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System as "UI Health," the nationally recognized "Better Health Through Housing" program, and opening of the new Pilsen Family Health Center Lower West.