- University of Illinois Hospital
- Centro de Cuidado Ambulatorio (OCC)
- Mile Square Health Center
- Clínicas de University Village
- Centro Médico Familiar en Pilsen Lower West
- Grupo de Médicos de South Loop
- Clínica de Ojos y Oídos
- Medicina Deportiva y Centro de Rendimiento Humano
- 55th & Pulaski Health Collaborative
- Edificio De Atención Especializada
- Estacionamiento y Transporte Público
Unidad de Corta Hospitalización
The Short Stay Unit (SSU) at UI Health is designed to serve patients undergoing selected procedures who will require a hospital setting to recover. The SSU cares for each patient from preoperative preparation until the patient is fully recovered and sent home. To ensure convenience, the unit is designed to enable patients to prepare for the procedure, have it performed, and recover all in the same facility.
Preoperative preparation is the first step to ensure a successful procedure and experience for the patient. It includes a detailed medical-history assessment by our staff, who also will provide patients with a set of instructions they must follow before surgery.
Based on the type of procedure, a post-procedure care plan is developed by the physician. The SSU team will use this plan to manage care and prepare patients to safely return home.
The SSU specifically is designated for patients undergoing selected procedures. A physician will determine if a SSU stay would be beneficial based on the patient's overall health and the type of procedure before making a referral for admission.
The SSU generally provides care for interventional radiology, neuroradiology, gastroenterology, and radiation oncology patients. All patients will receive specific instructions from our staff regarding check-in time, diet, and medication guidelines.
The Short Stay Unit features:
- 20 semi-private rooms
- Private waiting room for family members of patients
- Dedicated nurse liaison to inform family members of your progress during the procedure
- A special case number for each patient to allow families to track progress continuously through a digital status monitor
All nurses in the unit are specially trained and professionally licensed to manage critical care patients.
Location & Contact Information
The SSU facility is open every day from 6 am to 7:30 pm.
University of Illinois Hospital
1740 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
Direcciones para llegar