National Kidney Foundation Virtual Educational Mini Sessions, Lectures, & Panel
The National Kidney Foundation invites you to the November "Living with Kidney Disease and Transplantation "Virtual Education Month. Participants will be able to attend pre-recorded transplant mini sessions and lectures, essential for renal health. Learn from a live virtual panel discussion with renal health experts, where you can ask questions in real time. Topics will include nutrition; advanced medical treatments; benefits of a transplant; paying for a transplant; emotional support; and dialysis options. Patients, caregivers, and friends are invited to join from the comfort and safety of your home. The first 25 registrants will receive an NKFI Care Kit. Each registrant will be entered into a raffle for a prize. Each session you attend will earn you another entry in the raffle. There is no cost to register.
Pre-recorded Mini Sessions available:
- Monday, Nov. 2: Kick off for NKF Living with Kidney Disease Month, Jacqueline Burgess-Bishop, FACE
- Friday, Nov. 6: Advocacy Updates, Andrew Fullerton, MPP
- Monday, Nov. 9: The Journey Continues Podcast, Monica Fox
- Wednesday, Nov. 11: Patient Interview with COVID, Michael Phillips
- Friday, Nov. 13: Take Charge Demonstration, Rachel DePauw, MPH, CAE & Monica Fox
Lectures & Panels:
- Wednesday, Nov. 4, 4 pm: Understanding Treatment Options, Being a Patient Advocate, Sam Krishnamoorthy, MD
- Thursday, Nov. 5, 4 pm: Reading and Understanding Lab Reports, Divya Jain, DO
- Tuesday, Nov. 10, 5:30 pm: Mindfulness and Meditation, Nicole du Mont, LCSW
- Tuesday, Nov.17, 6 pm: Healthy Diet and Lifestyle Management Discussion, Melissa Prest, DCN, MS, RDN, CSR, LDN
- Wednesday, Nov. 18, 5 pm: Networking Night
- Thursday, Nov. 19, 4:30 pm: Patient Panel, Gregg & Diane Curtiss, Quin Taylor, John & Nikki Kurtovich
Speakers and topics are subject to change. Click here for details on the Spanish program.
No cost, register online, for pre-recorded sessions and/or the panel discussion:
Pre-registration form: https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/WebLink.aspx?name=nkfi&id=116 or Details at: https://www.nkfi.org/lwkdt-central, you may also contact the National Kidney Foundation at 312.321.1500.