Asim Shuja, MD
get to know our provider
Dr. Asim Shuja practices in the Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at UI Health. Dr. Shuja sees patients with a range of gastrointestinal conditions, and he has special expertise in diseases of the esophagus (swallowing difficulty), stomach (acid reflux, peptic ulcers) and colon (IBD, polyps, cancer), and in the evaluation of gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding. In addition, Dr. Shuja has keen interest in clinical research and educating future physicians.
Specialties & Services
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Esophageal disorders
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Esophagus and colon strictures
- Viral hepatitis
University Village Primary & Specialty Care
1309 S. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60607
Specialty Care Building, 4th Floor
1009 S. Wood St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Board Certification: Internal Medicine
- Board Certification: Gastroenterology
- Fellowship: University of Florida, Jacksonville
- Internship: St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, Boston
- Medical School: Khyber Medical College
- Residency: St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, Boston