Carissa J. Tyo, MD
Get to know our provider
Dr. Carissa J. Tyo is director of the Internal Medicine/Emergency Medicine Residency Program at UI Health, where she facilitates the education of resident physicians throughout the health system through work in the Emergency Department and inpatient hospital wards. Dr. Tyo also is the medical director for the Observation Services platform at UI Health. While not available for clinical appointments, she may serve as patients' physician liaison for care.
Specialties & Services
- Emergency Department
- General Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Observation Services
University of Illinois Hospital
1740 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60608
- Internship: University of Illinois Hospital — IM/EM Program
- Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine
- Board Certification(s): American Board of Emergency Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Residency: University of Illinois Hospital — IM/EM Program