Charles Yu, MD
Get to know our provider
Dr. Charles Yu is an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Illinois College of Medicine. Dr. Yu is fellowship-trained in corneal, cataract, and refractive surgery. His clinical interests include diseases of the external eye, cornea, and ocular surface, and corneal replacement. His research focuses on treatments for corneal blindness through the development of keratoprostheses and artificial corneas.
Specialties & Services
- Penetrating Keratoplasty
- Endothelial Keratoplasty
Ear & Eye Infirmary (EEI), Cornea Service
1855 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Fellowship: Cornell University
- Residency: Stanford University
- Medical School: University of California, Davis
- Postgraduate: Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Board Certification: Ophthalmology