Jacob Avraham, MD, MBA
get to know our provider
Dr. Jacob Avraham is a trauma and critical care surgeon at UI Health. Dr. Avraham specializes in the treatment of surgical ICU patients, including those with a broad range of acute or life-threatening conditions from trauma, operations, burns, infections, acute inflammation, ischemia, and many other etiologies. His clinical interests include injury epidemiology, student and resident education, and the role of multidisciplinary care teams in providing optimal care to complex surgical patients. Dr. Avraham has authored numerous peer-reviewed publications and has presented his work at surgical conferences across the country.
specialties & services
- Surgery General
- Surgical Critical Care
University of Illinois Hospital
1740 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Fellowship: John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County — Chicago
- Residency: New York University Langone Health (Bellevue Hospital Center, Manhattan Veterans Affairs Hospital) — New York City
- Internship: New York University Langone Health (Bellevue Hospital Center, Manhattan Veterans Affairs Hospital) — New York City
- Medical School: Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science — Chicago
- Board Certification: American Board of Surgery (General Surgery, Surgical Critical Care)