Katya Cruz Madrid, MD
Get to know our provider
Dr. Cruz Madrid is an Associate Professor of Medicine in the Division of Academic Internal Medicine and Geriatrics. Her clinical practice focuses in the care of elderly patients, diagnosis and treatment of dementia, frailty, falls, mood disorders, incontinence, hearing problems and other chronic diseases. She finds also important a pro-active communication with patient and family, as well as education of different health issues are related with better adherence, decrease hospital admissions, reduction of number of medications and adverse outcomes.
Specialties & Services
- General Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
South Loop Physicians Group, Suite 205
2600 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60616
- Board Certification: Internal Medicine and Geriatric
- Fellowship: University of Illinois College of Medicine
- Internship: Michael Reese Hospital & Medical Center
- Medical School: Universidad Evangelica de El Salvador, San Salvador
- Residency: Michael Reese Hospital & Medical Center