Pravin Patel, MD
Get to know our provider
For more than two decades, Dr. Pravin Patel has been caring for children with deformities that involve the skull and facial bones (craniofacial and maxillofacial surgery). This includes children with abnormal development of the skull as a result of craniosynostosis (fused skull joints or sutures), abnormal position of the orbits of the eye (hyperteleorbitism), malpositioned jaws (overgrowth and undergrowth of the upper and lower jaw bones), conditions such as hemifacial microsomia, treacher Collins, and other syndromes, children born with facial clefts (cleft lip and palate). Dr. Patel has many years of experience in caring for children and young adults with congenital birth defects.
Working closely with neurosurgery, otolaryngology, and ophthalmology, our patients have access to a well experienced multidisciplinary surgical team. We have the ability to provide comprehensive and coordinated approach to care, with a multidisciplinary professional staff from diagnosis to surgical treatment. The team includes audiology, speech/language pathology, psychology, orthodontics, and prosthodontics.
Dr. Patel has significant experience with using 3D cameras and 3D radiologic imaging data capture and in the development of computer guided treatment planning, virtual surgical simulation, and intra-operative guidance. This allows him to provide the precision surgery by more precise intraoperative surgery, minimizing complications, faster recovery, and improved outcomes.
Specialties & Services
- Plastic Surgery
- Cleft Lip and Palate
- Craniofacial Implants
- Orthognathic Surgery
- Pediatric Plastic Surgery
811 S. Paulina St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Board Certification: American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellowship: Northwestern University College of Medicine
- Fellowship: University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- Fellowship: University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine
- Internship: Mayo Clinic and Graduate School of Medicine
- Medical School: Hahnemann University
- Residency: Mayo Clinic and Graduate School of Medicine