Sana M. Salih, MD, MS, FACOG
get to know our provider
Sana Salih is the director of the University of Illinois IVF Program. Dr. Salih offers compassionate and proficient care to patients with infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss. Dr. Salih assists individuals and couples achieve their family-building dreams in a compassionate and personalized manner. Her expertise in infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss promotes comprehensive evaluation and management, including advanced reproductive technology, such as in vitro fertilization (IVF), fertility preservation, and preimplantation genetic diagnosis.
Dr. Salih participates in the University of Illinois Fertility Preservation Program, which provides oocyte, sperm, embryo, and testicular tissue cryopreservation; patients receiving gonadotoxic chemotherapy for cancer and non-cancer indications, those in military service, and those at risk for a genetic disease may benefit from this program.
Dr. Salih treats patients with endometriosis, fibroids, uterine anomalies, and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and she offers minimally invasive robotic surgery, when indicated.
She is double board-certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility, and she is credentialed as a High-complexity Laboratory Director. She is a collaborator in a National Institutes of Health-funded project to study the genetic basis for miscarriage.
Specialties & Services
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Ovulation Induction, Intrauterine Insemination, In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Endometriosis, Pelvic pain
- Fibroids, Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Outpatient Care Center, Suite 4A
1801 West Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60612
- Fellowship: University of Texas Medical Branch — Galveston, TX
- Residency: Yale University School of Medicine — New Haven, CT
- Internship: Yale University School of Medicine — New Haven, CT
- Medical School: University of Khartoum — Khartoum, Sudan
- Postgraduate: University of Texas Medical Branch — Galveston TX
- Board Certification: Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Board Certification: Obstetrics & Gynecology