Sana M. Salih, MD, MS, FACOG
get to know our provider
Dr. Sana Salih practices in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at UI Health. Dr. Salih provides compassionate, proficient care to women with a broad spectrum of problems, including female and male infertility; polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS); endometriosis; fibroids, recurrent pregnancy loss; abnormal uterine bleeding; and uterine anomalies. She offers both medical and surgical management, including minimally invasive hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, and robotic surgery to restore normal anatomy in patients with uterine fibroids (myomectomy), congenital uterine malformations (Septum resection), and endometriosis. Dr. Salih has a particular interest in promoting female and male infertility treatment to help individuals and couples achieve their family-building dreams in a compassionate, personalized manner. She offers infertility testing, including ovarian reserve testing, tubal patency, and semen analysis. She provides fertility treatments, including ovulation induction and intrauterine insemination, and advanced reproductive technology such as in vitro fertilization, fertility preservation, and preimplantation genetic diagnosis to decrease the risk of genetic disease in the offspring.
Dr. Salih runs the Fertility Preservation Clinic, an interdisciplinary clinic to enhance fertility preservation in men, women, and children. Fertility preservation options include egg, sperm, embryo, ovarian tissue, and testicular tissue freezing (cryopreservation). Many individuals may benefit from the Fertility Preservation Program, including cancer and non-cancer patients, women of advanced age, men and women in the military service, and patients with genetic diseases that cause infertility.
Dr. Salih treats men with infertility and runs the couple's clinic in collaboration with the urologist to provide semen analysis, insemination, intracytoplasmic sperm injections (ICSI), testicular sperm extraction, epididymal sperm aspiration, and sperm cryopreservation and post-procedure monitoring to enhance fertility.
Specialties & Services
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Ovulation Induction, Intrauterine Insemination, In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Endometriosis, Pelvic pain
- Fibroids, Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Outpatient Care Center, Suite 4A
1801 West Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60612
- Fellowship: University of Texas Medical Branch — Galveston, TX
- Residency: Yale University School of Medicine — New Haven, CT
- Internship: Yale University School of Medicine — New Haven, CT
- Medical School: University of Khartoum — Khartoum, Sudan
- Postgraduate: University of Texas Medical Branch — Galveston TX
- Board Certification: Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Board Certification: Obstetrics & Gynecology