Sepideh Amin-Hanjani, MD, FAANS, FACS, FAHA
Get to know our provider
Dr. Sepideh Amin-Hanjani is Professor, Residency Program Director, and Co-Director of Neurovascular Surgery at UI Health. Dr. Amin-Hanjani's clinical interests include cerebrovascular surgery for brain aneurysms, Moya-Moya disease, carotid artery disease, arteriovenous malformations (AVMs), and cavernous malformations. She also evaluates and manages patients with hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke, including intra-cranial disease and vertebro-basilar insufficiency (VBI). In 2013, she was elected member-at-large of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) Executive Committee for a 2-year term. Dr. Amin-Hanjani was recently published in JAMA Neurology as the lead investigator for a study that concluded that patients with low blood flow to the back of the brain can be identified with a new MRI-based technology, a software developed at UI Health.
Specialties & Services
Outpatient Care Center, Suite 4E
1801 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Board Certification: American Board of Neurosurgery
- Fellowship: Cerebrovascular and Skull Base at Barrow Neurological Institure
- Internship: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical School: Harvard Medical School
- Residency: Massachusetts General Hospital