Surya Sabhapathy, MD, MPH
get to know our provider
Dr. Surya Sabhapathy practices in the Department of Psychiatry at UI Health. Dr. Sabhapathy works in both the inpatient and outpatient settings at UI Health, and they focus on LGBTQ-affirming mental healthcare, emphasizing transgender, nonbinary, and other gender-expansive people. They also have special interests in perinatal mental health; complex trauma; and expanding access to comprehensive mental healthcare for underserved populations, particularly women, gender minorities, and BIPOC.
specialties & services
- LGBTQ Inclusive Care
- Gender-Affirming Care
- Perinatal Mental Health (Pregnancy and Postpartum Care)
- Complex Trauma
- Inpatient Psychiatry
912 S. Wood St.
Chicago, IL 60612 60612
- Residency: University of Illinois Chicago
- Medical School: University of Michigan Medical School
- Postgraduate: University of Michigan School of Public Health
- Board Certification: Adult Psychiatry