Valentina Marie Pacheco-Cornejo, PsyD, ABPP
get to know our provider
Dr. Valentina M. Pacheco-Cornejo is a child and adolescent psychologist in the Department of Psychiatry at UI Health. Dr. Pacheco-Cornejo's interests include developmental and behavioral pediatrics; disruptive behaviors; developmental disabilities, including learning problems, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and autism spectrum disorder; trauma; and spiritual and cultural alienation. She has worked predominantly with child and adolescent populations in school settings, developmental disabilities clinics, community mental health centers, and hospital-affiliated community health centers. Her experience includes providing crisis intervention; psychoeducation; child-custody forensic evaluations; and therapy and testing services to children, adolescents, and families who presented with a range of concerns, from stress-related issues and somatic problems to trauma, mood, and serious behavioral disturbances. Dr. Pacheco-Cornejo is passionate about extending the accessibility of mental health services to and reducing maladaptive behaviors in youths, in addition to integrating spirituality and issues of diversity in her practice.
specialties & services
- Child and adolescents with disruptive behaviors
- Developmental disabilities (learning problems, ADHD, and Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Spiritual or cultural alienation
Mile Square Health Center–Back of the Yards
4630 S. Bishop St.
Chicago, IL 60609
Mile Square Health Center–Cicero
4745–51 W. Cermak Road
Cicero, IL 60804
- Fellowship: Marshfield Clinic, WI
- Internship: Cornerstone Counseling Center of Chicago, Chicago-area Christian Training Consortium
- Board Certification: Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology