Van "Ann" Tran, MD
Get to know our provider
Dr. Van Ann Tran (Ann) is an oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgeon in the Department of Ophthalmology at UI Health. Dr. Tran specializes in ophthalmic plastic, orbital, reconstructive, and aesthetic surgery. Her areas of expertise include droopy eyelid surgery; eyelid malposition; brow and forehead lifts; thyroid eye disease; cancers of the eyelid and orbit; facial nerve palsy; anophthalmic sockets; lacrimal/tearing surgery; and non;surgical facial rejuvenation with neurotoxin and soft-tissue fillers. Dr. Trans is a dedicated educator and is a part of the Ophthalmology Residency and ASOPRS Oculoplastics Fellowship. She is an avid researcher with over 60 peer-review publications and 15 book chapters, and she has presented her work nationally. Most importantly, Dr. Tran's primary goal is to provide the highest level of individualized care for each patient. She strives to make sure her patients feel confident and comfortable and works together with them regarding their clinical care.
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Specialties & Services
- Thyroid Eye Disease
- Skull Base/Orbital Neoplasms
- Droopy Eyelids
Specialty Care Building
1009 S. Wood St.
Chicago, IL 60612
Millennium Park Eye Center, Suite 410
30 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60602
- Fellowship: NYC Combined ASOPRS Oculoplastic Fellowship — New York City
- Residency: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (University of Miami Health System — Miami, FL
- Internship: AMITA Health/Presence Resurrection Medical Center — Chicago
- Medical School: University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology