Vinay Aakalu, MD, MPH
get to know our provider
Dr. Aakalu is a fellowship-trained, oculofacial plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive oculofacial and orbital surgery. He is also board certified in ophthalmology. He is one of a select few surgeons worldwide to have completed an American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) approved fellowship. His clinical interests include diseases of the eyelids, lacrimal system and orbit. He has a particular interest in thyroid eye disease and ocular surface reconstruction. Dr. Aakalu is also engaged in various research endeavors, including understanding lacrimal (tear gland) cell biology, evaluating imaging modalities for the orbit, and developing new tools and methods to treat patients with orbital disease.
Specialties & Services
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
Ear and Eye Infirmary (EEI), Suite 3.158
1855 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
- Board Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellowship: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Internship: St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
- Medical School: Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York
- Postgraduate Education: Columbia University New York
- Residency: University of Illinois at Chicago