- Color Guidelines
- Photo & Video Guidelines
- Social Media Guidelines
- Typeface Guidelines
- Web & Digital Style Guide
- Writing & Copy
Social Media Guidelines
UI Health Marketing & Strategic Communications manages UI Health social media accounts and ensures UI Health-branded accounts follow approved Hospital policies and standards for social media use.
Social Media Policies & Guidelines
Only designated individuals and key departments (e.g., UI Health Marketing & Strategic Communications, UIC Strategic Marketing & Communications) are authorized to speak on behalf of UI Health online without prior approval. Unauthorized employees are prohibited from publishing on behalf of any official UI Health pages.
- All UI Health employees are required to review Hospital Policy LD 4.15 Social Media Guidelines (password required) before participating in any UI Health- or UIC-related social or networking websites.
- Service areas or departments interested in creating and managing a UI Health-related page must submit a request to UI Health Marketing & Strategic Communications and go through the appropriate process prior to any formal UI Health-related page creation.
- All HIPAA and State of Illinois privacy laws apply to social media. Employees must not, under any circumstance, share confidential hospital or patient information. This includes pictures of patients, patient information, or medical history (i.e., no photos with patients).
- UI Health employees should have no expectation of privacy in any data in any format or any other kind of information or communications transmitted to, received or printed from, or stored or recorded on any UI Health or University page, site, or account.
To request a social media page for your department or program, fill out this form.