WIC Nutrition Clinic at Mile Square
View Main Location - Mile Square Health Center in a larger map
The Women, Infant, and Children (WIC) Clinic at Mile Square Health Center-Main provides pregnant women, new mothers, and young children with the resources they need to eat well and stay healthy.
For more than 40 years, WIC has helped underserved mothers and children get the right advice about nutrition and healthcare during important periods of growth and development.
WIC Services at Mile Square-Main
The special supplemental nutrition program at Mile Square supports young families facing financial difficulties by providing a number of services and support programs, including:
- Vouchers to purchase healthy food items like milk, juice, eggs, cheese, and cereal.
- Nutrition assessments, counseling, and education to help families eat well and be healthy.
- Breastfeeding support, including a Peer Counselor Program that provides specialized breastfeeding education, encouragement, and support to new mothers.
In Illinois, WIC is administered by the Illinois Department of Human Services and is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture.
Who Can Receive WIC Services?
WIC services are available to women and children who meet the following criteria:
- Pregnant, breastfeeding or just had a baby
- Infants and children under 5 years old (including foster children)
- Families with a low to medium income.
Visit the WIC PreScreening Tool to see if you are eligible to for WIC Benefits.
Your First WIC Clinic Appointment
Individuals eligible for WIC should bring the following to their first clinic appointment:
- Driver's license or a form of photo ID
- Proof of pregnancy (doctor or clinic note verifying a positive pregnancy test)
- Proof of Income (paycheck stubs, income tax form)
- Proof of residency (utility bill or recent mail with dated postal stamp)
- Child's birth certificate
Location & Hours
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 am to 4 pm
Friday: 8:30-11:30 am
The second and fourth Tuesday of each month, hours shift to: 10:30 am to 6 pm.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, call 312.413.8819.
Walk-ins also are welcome.