Preparing For Your Virtual Visit
Please note that the platform used to conduct virtual visits includes enhanced security features, and maintains all applicable HIPPA and regulatory requirements to safely access, store, process and transmit your personal health information.
Before Your Virtual Visit:
- If you are a new patient, please review our Consent for Treatment & Authorization page before your appointment.
- Make a list of concerns and questions for your provider and if possible, make note of the medications and/or prescriptions you are taking, including requested refills, if available.
- Collect available health information (e.g., blood pressure, weight, fluids) and locate relevant test results and imaging, if available.
- Connect your device to a power source.
- Connect via either a wired or Wi-Fi internet connection, if available.
- Close any unnecessary programs and applications before you start your appointment.
- Update your device regularly to help the performance and compatibility of your device.
- Know where your volume control is so you can adjust the volume to your liking or mute/unmute your speakers.
Day of your Virtual Visit:
- Follow the instructions provided at the time of scheduling and join the session at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Your provider will join you within 15 minutes of the scheduled appointment time.
- Contact the clinic if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
Virtual Visit Best Practices:
- Sit at least three feet back from the camera.
- Sit in a well-lit area, have your shades drawn, and avoid backlighting.
- Look at the camera when you are speaking.
- Keep background noise to a minimum by closing doors and windows nearby. Turn off the TV and radio.
- Silence your cell phone before starting the appointment.
Having issues connecting?
See below for detailed instructions.
If you need additional information on how to perform some of the steps described in the above instructions:
Desktop Computer (windows):
- Updating your iOS Version (must have IOS 13.4.1 or later)
- Checking iOS Version
- Checking your Safari microphone and camera settings
For Android Devices: