- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Cardiovascular Genetics Program
- Cardiovascular Program for Women
- Diagnostic Procedures & Treatments
- Heart Failure Program
- Interventional Cardiology
- Onco-Cardiology Program
- Peripheral Artery Disease
- Preventative Cardiology Program
Our Areas of Expertise
The team of experienced cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons at the UI Health Heart Center provide complete heart care, from diagnosis to intervention, and our division is supported by a multidisciplinary team of specialists, including neurologists, imaging experts, and vascular surgeons.
Heart failure occurs when the heart is unable to pump enough blood to meet the body's needs. The most common causes of heart failure are high blood pressure and blocked arties in the heart, and symptoms of include fatigue; shortness of breath; swelling in your legs, ankles, feet, and abdomen; and weakness.
We use cutting-edge technologies and treatments to deliver exceptional care for a variety of heart disorders and diseases. Our expertise includes:
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease: We have a dedicated team of healthcare providers with specialized training in caring for adult patients with congenital heart defects
- Cardiac Electrophysiology: Cardiac electrophysiologists diagnose and treat abnormally fast heart rhythms, called cardiac arrhythmias.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program: The goal of the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is to help you recover from the cardiovascular event and prevent future heart problems.
- Cardiovascular Genetics Program: The Cardiovascular Genetics Program provides advanced care for patients and families who are suspected of having an inherited heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Program for Women: The Cardiovascular Program for Women works to identify and treat early predictors of heart disease among women, including specialized care for pregnant women with heart disease.
- Diagnostic Procedures & Treatments: We use a variety of diagnostic procedures to evaluate heart performance and function, and to detect any problematic conditions or diseases of the heart.
- Heart Failure Program: Our program offers complete heart failure care, from early prevention strategies to end-stage treatment options.
- Interventional Cardiology Program: The Interventional Cardiology Program provides leading-edge diagnostic tests and nonsurgical interventional treatments for patients with cardiovascular diseases, including congenital heart disease, coronary heart disease, heart valve disease, and peripheral artery disease
- Onco-Cardiology Program: The Onco-Cardiology Program provides comprehensive cardiac care to cancer patients.
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD): Also called peripheral vascular disease, PAD is a common circulatory disease in which plaque builds up in the arteries, and the narrowed arteries reduce blood flow to the head, organs, and limbs.
- Preventative Cardiology Program: Our team of cardiologists, internists, dietitians, and nutritionists focus on the prevention, management, and treatment of risk factors for cardiovascular disease.