Physician Home Visits
Our Home Visits Team
Advanced Care in the Comfort of your Home
The UI Health Physician Home Visits Program, staffed by the excellent physicians from the Family Medicine Clinic, brings compassionate, comprehensive medical care to the homes of patients of all ages, enabling them to
- Remain at home
- Avoid costly hospitalizations and emergency room visits
- Stay healthy before a condition or situation gets worse
You may need a Physician Home Visit if you
- Were recently discharged from the hospital, Emergency Room, or Critical Decision Unit
- Are home bound due to a medical condition
- Have a difficult time getting to physician office visits
- Had a major surgery and need post-surgical care at home
- Are seeking palliative care or end of life care services
- Physician home visits
- Assisted living home visits
- Wound care, including decubitus ulcer care and debridement
- Blood testing
- Coordination of care with home health and social service agencies
- Other physician services that can be provided in your home
Making an Appointment
An initial house call can be scheduled by contacting our office at 312-996-1119.
New patients must complete registration and have a brief eligibility screening by phone. The physician home visit will be scheduled within a week of contacting our office.
Follow-up visits will be scheduled during each home visit as needed. If a problem develops before the next scheduled visit, the patient or caregiver can contact our office and schedule an earlier appointment.
Medications are refilled during regular office hours by calling our office at 312.996.2901. Leave a message for the nurse if necessary and she will call you back within 24 hours. Please allow 48 hours for all refill requests.
Billing and Insurance
The UI Health Home Visits Program accept Medicare, Medicaid, and most major insurance providers.
Home Visit Physicians' Hours
Visits are scheduled as needed, and will usually occur between 7 am and 5 pm. Some home visits may occur on Saturday. To schedule a house call, please call 312-996-1119.
How to Contact us after Business Hours
Although our family doctors do not make late evening or night visits, we provide a 24-hour answering service to reach a physician for a consultation or to determine if urgent or emergency care is needed. Call our office at 312.996.2901, and a physician will return your call, usually within one hour.