Student Health at the Family Medicine Center
Concerns about Coronavirus? The Family Medicine Clinic at University Village provides medical assessment, testing, and care for COVID-19, following University of Illinois Hospital guidelines. Enrolled UIC students can access information and care for Coronavirus related symptoms and/or contacts by calling 312-996-2901.
All UIC students pay a Student Services Fee, and this fee pays for access to preventive and acute healthcare services provided by the Department of Family Medicine at their Maxwell Street clinic at no additional charge. The Student Services Fee does not cover all visits to Family Medicine. Care for ongoing medical problems will be covered by your private insurance or by CampusCare if you selected CampusCare for your health benefits.
Call 866.600.2273 for an appointment.
If you need to contact a physician after office hours, please call the above number, and an operator will put you in touch with the physician on call.
The Family Medicine Center at University Village
722 West Maxwell Street, Suite 235
Chicago, IL 60607
View UI Health Location & Maps in a larger map
Call 312.996.2901 for an appointment.
- Same-day appointments, evening, and Saturday appointments are available.
- Be sure to bring your UIC student ID card to your appointment.
Student health services include
- Care of acute illnesses and injuries
- Testing for sexually transmitted diseases (Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HIV)
- Contraception counseling
- Wellness visit that includes:
- Blood pressure
- BMI screening for obesity
- Breast cancer screening according to age and risk recommendations
- Exam to collect Pap test at recommended intervals (cost of test will be billed to student's insurance)
- Cholesterol screening
- Health advice and health counseling
- Nurse visits to review immunizations (costs of immunizations will be billed to student's health insurance)
Student Health does NOT cover
- Preventive Immunizations
- Care of ongoing chronic diseases
- Care provided by UI Health physicians or clinics other than Family Medicine
- Care provided by physicians, clinics, or hospitals outside UI Health
- Laboratory testing other than covered tests listed above
- For health services not covered by Student Health, your private health insurance will be billed.
If you have CampusCare, and your visit is covered by CampusCare and not Student Health, you will be billed a $15 co-pay for your office visit.
If you purchased CampusCare, see your benefits at CampusCare.uic.edu.
Please contact Student Health at the Family Medicine Center at UICStudentHealth@uic.edu with any questions regarding coverage. Please do not send any health information to this email address, as it is not a secure form of communication.