- Colorectal Cancer Screening / Colonoscopy
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Functional Bowel Disorders
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD, Chronic Diarrhea)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Biliary Tree Disease
- Diseases of the Esophagus, Heartburn
- Small Intestinal Rehab and Transplantation
- GI Cancer Prevention Program
- Non-Surgical Weight Loss
- Hepatology (Liver Disease)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Abdominal Pain, Diarrhea, Constipation
Functional Bowel Disorders (FBD) is a term that describes a problem with how your stomach and bowels function or work. Irritable bowel syndrome and functional dyspepsia are FBDs. All the organs are normal, but there are still signs that something is wrong. Upper GI symptoms include nausea, feeling bloated, and stomach pain. Lower GI symptoms include constipation, diarrhea, and stomach pain. It can be a challenge for your doctor to diagnose an FBD because symptoms can vary. Your doctor also will want to check that other things are not causing your symptoms.
Functional bowel disorders are common. Still, many people do not seek advice because they do not know where to go for help. They may also be afraid or ashamed to talk about their problems. Please keep in mind that you are not alone. Millions of people have these conditions. Our team is here to help when your symptoms keep you from doing your normal daily activities.
To make an appointment in the GI clinic, please call 312.996.7598.