Testing & Triage
UI Health has established various locations throughout the area for COVID-19 evaluation and testing. If you are interested in being evaluated or tested for COVID-19 at one of our outpatient locations, please do the following:
- Call 866.600.CARE (2273) to speak with a nurse.
- After answering a series of questions about your symptoms and exposure, the nurse will let you know if you would benefit from a visit. Symptoms associated with COVID-19 include:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- New loss of taste or smell
- If you are recommended to be evaluated or tested for COVID-19, an appointment will be scheduled for you at either a drive-thru or evaluation clinic.
UI Health welcomes new and existing patients with COVID-19 symptoms, regardless of insurance status, to call 866.600.2273 for an appointment.
Mile Square Health Center–Main
1220 S. Wood St., Chicago, IL 60608
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Patients who have been appropriately triaged through the nurse triage line (866.600.2273) will be scheduled for an appointment to receive a COVID-19 test. Only those who are triaged through the nurse triage line and recommended for a test will have an appointment scheduled. Testing is done by appointment only and walk-ins are not currently accepted.
COVID-19 Evaluation Clinic
Pilsen Family Health Center Lower West
1713 S. Ashland Ave., Chicago, IL 60608
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Patients who have been appropriately triaged through our nurse triage line (866.600.2273) or recommended for evaluation by a UI Health provider may be scheduled to this location for medical evaluation and testing if appropriate. Patients will be seen on an appointment-only basis. Walk-ins are not currently accepted. Family Medicine services typically offered at Pilsen are temporarily relocated to the Family Medicine Center at University Village.
Emergency Triage Site
University of Illinois Hospital Emergency Department
1740 W.Taylor St., Chicago, IL 60612
COVID-19 Triage Hours: Monday–Friday, 11 am to 11 pm
Additional space has been established in the Emergency Department area to triage patients presenting with symptoms. Walk-ins are only seen at the Emergency Department Triage location for individuals who present with signs/symptoms of an influenza-like illness (e.g. including cough or shortness of breath) and/or a fever. If you are having a medical emergency, please dial 911.
Additional COVID-19 testing is available at select Mile Square Health Center locations. Click here for more information.
How much will it cost to get tested for COVID-19?
COVID-19 testing at UI Health will occur at no cost to patients.
- Uninsured patient costs for COVID-19 services will be managed through our financial assistance policy and other programs available at UI Health. Uninsured patients will not have to pay for COVID-19 related services.
- Insured patients will not be responsible for any out-of-pocket costs related to being tested for COVID-19. Insurance plans are now required to cover COVID-19 testing at 100%. We recommend that if you have been tested for COVID-19 and have questions regarding your specific benefits, contact your insurance company to get an explanation of your coverage.
If you receive a bill for a COVID-19 related service, please contact a UI Health billing representative at 312.996.1000.
The following information is required by government regulations to be posted as the “cash price” for diagnostic COVID–19 testing:
- Lab test for COVID-19 (rapid test): $125.00
- Lab test for COVID-19 (high throughput test): $245.00