UI Health has established various locations throughout the area for COVID-19 evaluation and testing for people with symptoms.
How to Get Tested
If you are interested in being evaluated or tested for COVID-19 at one of our outpatient locations, please do the following:
- Call 866.600.2273 to speak with a nurse.
- After answering a series of questions about your symptoms and exposure, the nurse will let you know if you would benefit from a visit. Symptoms associated with COVID-19 include:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- New loss of taste or smell
- If you are recommended to be evaluated or tested for COVID-19, an appointment will be scheduled for you at either a drive-thru or evaluation clinic.
UI Health welcomes new and existing patients with COVID-19 symptoms regardless of insurance status. Call 866.600.2273 for an appointment.
University Village COVID-19 Testing Site
724 W Maxwell Street, Chicago, IL 60607
Hours: Monday - Friday 9 am - 4 pm
Patients who have been appropriately triaged through the nurse triage line (866.600.2273) will be scheduled for an appointment to receive a COVID-19 test. Only those who are triaged through the nurse triage line and recommended for a test will have an appointment scheduled. Testing is done by appointment only and walk-ins are not currently accepted. No visitors allowed in the testing area. Avoid eating or drinking anything 30 minutes before your scheduled testing time. To cancel your appointment, please call 866.600.2273.
Parking is available for a fee in the Maxwell Street Parking Garage located down the street from the testing center. Street parking is also available on Maxwell Street.
How much will it cost to get tested for COVID-19?
- Uninsured patient costs for COVID-19 services will be managed through our financial assistance policy and other programs available at UI Health. Uninsured patients will not have to pay for COVID-19 related services.
- Insured patients will not receive a bill or be expected to pay out of pocket for any COVID-19 testing-related services for which cost sharing is waived. We recommend that if you have been tested for COVID-19 and have questions regarding your specific benefits, contact your insurance company to get an explanation of your coverage.
If you receive a bill for a COVID-19 related service, please contact a UI Health billing representative at 312.996.1000.
The following information is required by government regulations to be posted as the “cash price” for diagnostic COVID–19 testing:
- Lab test (rapid test, where available*) for COVID-19: $125.00
- High throughput lab test for COVID-19: $245.00
- Antibody lab test for COVID-19: $135.00
- COVID-19 Specimen Collection Visit Fee: $62.00
*This rapid lab test is primarily available for certain pre-procedure testing scheduled at UI Health and in our emergency room as a part of an emergency room visit when available. This rapid test is not currently available in our outpatient testing sites. If you are seeking scheduled outpatient rapid testing, please visit dph.illinois.gov/testing or cookcountypublichealth.org/covid-19-testing/ to identify alternate sites that offer rapid testing.
If you have questions about billing, visit Financial Assistance for more information.