COVID-19 Vaccines at Credit Union 1 Arena
This page will be updated when more information becomes available about how to schedule your vaccine appointment. Thank you in advance for your patience.
UI Health is distributing the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine based on guidance from the Chicago Department of Public Health.
UI Health is offering the COVID-19 vaccine to patients in Phase 1C:
- All Chicagoans age 65+
- Frontline essential workers, including first responders, pre-K–12 education workers, childcare workers, grocery store employees, and postal service workers
- Those ages 16-64 with underlying health conditions (cancer, chronic kidney disease, pulmonary disease, diabetes, heart conditions, immunosuppressed, obesity, down syndrome, pregnancy, sickle cell disease, and those with disabilities)
- All other essential workers
Do not schedule an appointment if you do not meet the criteria for Phase 1C, as we want to make sure those who are at the highest risk have an opportunity to receive the vaccine.
Please review the below choices carefully, and select the one that best describes you:
- UI Health patients who are in Phase 1C and have MyChart:
- Click here to sign in to your MyChart account
- If you see a Schedule Now button, click the button to begin the scheduling process. Click here (.pdf) for detailed instructions
- If you do not see the Schedule Now button, click Visits, then Schedule an Appointment, and select COVID-19 Vaccine in the 'Tell us why you're coming in' section. Click here (.pdf) for detailed instructions
- Click here to sign in to your MyChart account
- Individuals who are in Phase 1C but do not have MyChart:
- Click here, then Start Screening, and fill out the online form
- Carefully follow all the instructions!
Chicago residents who are in Phase 1C can also schedule vaccine appointments by calling 833.53.MYVAX (833-536-9829) Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
NOTE: There are daily scheduling limits, and if daily scheduling is full, you may need to try scheduling another day.
Preparing for Your Appointment
If you are scheduling with MyChart, make sure to complete the eCheck-In after scheduling your appointment. This will help make your on-site registration quick and easy.
- You must wear a mask at all times.
- Please wear clothing that will easily give access to your upper shoulder, like a T-shirt.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, no earlier.
- Bring a photo ID that has your name and date of birth.
- Appointments may last up to 45 minutes for vaccination and observation.
- Review the Pfizer Emergency Use Authorization EUA Fact Sheet and the CDC's V-Safe Information Sheet before your appointment
- If you are under 18 years old, you must have a parent or legal guardian accompany you.
Vaccine Education Materials
For more information about the vaccine, setting up your MyChart account, and primary care at UI Health click here.
At this time, there are no charges to you or your health insurance plan for the cost of administering the COVID-19 vaccine when provided at the Credit Union 1 Arena.
UI Health will be administering scheduled COVID-19 vaccinations at Credit Union 1 Arena. Vaccinations must be scheduled. Walk-ins are NOT available.
Credit Union 1 Arena
525 S. Racine Ave.
Chicago, IL 60607
HOURS: Monday-Friday: 8 am to 6 pm (last appointment at 5:30 pm)Credit Union 1 Arena is ADA-accessible.
Free parking is available in the Harrison Street Parking Structure (1100 West Harrison Street, just east of the arena).
Please pull up to the attendant in the booth for access to the lot.
There is also a "cell phone lot" available for family or visitors to wait in Lot 11 (located directly east of the Harrison Street Parking Structure).
Drop-off for patients and entrance is on Harrison Street at Gate 2. Exiting will be at Gate 4 on Racine Avenue. DO NOT park in Lots 1A or 1B (located on the south side of Harrison Street).
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, log in to your MyChart account or call 833.53.MYVAX (833-536-9829). It is important to cancel or reschedule, so we can offer your appointment time to another patient.
If you currently are ill or have signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle aches, abdominal pain, loss of taste or smell), you will not be permitted to receive the vaccination. Please reschedule your appointment by calling 833.53.MYVAX (833-536-9829) or through MyChart.
To schedule a COVID testing appointment, call 866.600.2273.
Only the person scheduled for an appointment will receive the vaccination. Please do not bring family members or visitors to your appointment. Patients that require assistance into the building will have support from on-site staff.
NOTE: If you received your first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at another location, you need to schedule your second dose with that location.