Vaccine for Kids
The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was approved for emergency use authorization in children ages 5 and older.
UI Health has the vaccine available for UI Health patients five years old and older. Vaccines are available by appointment only.
How to Schedule an Appointment
To schedule a vaccine appointment for your child:
Eye & Ear Infirmary
1855 W. Taylor St.
Chicago, IL 60612
Monday & Thursday: 8:30 am — 6:30 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday: 8:30 am — 4:30 pm
University Village Vaccination Site
724 W. Maxwell St.
Chicago, IL 60607
Tuesday & Wednesday 1 — 4 pm
Thursday 8 am — 4 pm
At this time, there are no charges to you or your health insurance plan for the cost of administering the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Patient and parent or legal guardian must wear a mask at all times.
- Patient should wear clothing that will easily give access to the upper shoulder, like a T-shirt.
- Appointments may last up to 45 minutes for vaccination and observation.
- Review the Pfizer Emergency Use Authorization EUA Fact Sheet and the CDC's V-Safe Information Sheet before the appointment
- Download, print, and complete the consent form for minors (a parent or legal guardian will need to sign it)
Visit CDC.org/coronavirus for answers to frequently asked questions and information about the vaccine for children.