- Occupational Medicine Clinic
- Medical Surveillance Program
- Independent Medical Evaluations
- Preplacement, Fit for duty, return to work and DOT examinations
- Adult and Children’s Environmental Health
- Illicit Drug/Substance Abuse Collection and Screening
- Travel Clinic
- Health in the Arts Program
Health in the Arts Program
The Mission of the Health in the Arts Program is to diagnose, treat and prevent arts-related disorders among people working in the visual and performing arts. Our medical specialists address the special risks that arts workers face from exposure to toxic materials and hazardous physical conditions, to injuries and repetitive motion disorders.
We serve arts workers with health concerns caused by their work or affecting their ability to keep working. And we work with the arts communities and institutions to investigate and prevent hazardous work practices among art professionals, students and hobbyists.
These efforts focus on:
- Diagnosis and treatment of arts related disorders
- Education on hazards in the arts
- Control of workplace hazards
- Research on the causes and prevention of arts-related disorders.
Clinical Diagnosis and Treatment
Symptoms caused by or affecting work in the arts Exposures to chemicals, fumes , dusts and toxic materials Injuries, acute and chronic Repetitive motion disorders.
- Educational Resources
- Educational programs and materials Art hazards and workplace safety
- Health in the Arts conferences Online Health and Safety in the Arts Library
- Website and links to other resources
Safety and health assessments Industrial hygiene assistance Hazard control and ventilation Personal protective equipment Toxic exposures
Causes and prevention of arts- related disorders
- The Voice Center
- Museum Health and Safety
- Rehabilitation for Arts Workers
- Respirator Examinations
- Medical Surveillance Examinations
Who Should Use These Services
- Anyone doing work in the arts.
- Music Theater
- Vocal Arts
- Art Unions
- Lighting/ Sound work
- Student/Teachers Gallery/Club workers
- ...and others