- General Eye Clinic
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Contact Lens Service
- Cornea Service
- Dry Eye and Ocular GVHD Clinic
- Eye Surgery
- Glaucoma Service
- Thyroid Eye Disease
- Low Vision Service
- Neuro-Ophthalmology Service
- Oculoplastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Pediatric Ophthalmology & Adult Strabismus Service
- Retina Service
- Uveitis Service
Illinois Center for Thyroid Eye Disease
The Illinois Center for Thyroid Eye Disease provides multi-specialty coordinated care for patients with Thyroid Eye Disease (TED). TED is an autoimmune disease that causes changes in the appearance of the eyes and eyelids and symptomatic pain, tearing, double vision, and in rare cases, vision loss.
The Illinois Center for Thyroid Eye Disease provides:
- Comprehensive, coordinated, and empathetic care with a focus on patient satisfaction and experience
- Medical and Surgical Ophthalmic care for all patients with TED, including those with severe, vision-threatening disease
- Cutting-edge technology, imaging, and access to ongoing clinical trials
- Availability of expert strabismus surgeons, ocular surface specialists, neuro-ophthalmologists, head and neck radiologists, radiation oncologists, and endocrinologists for multidisciplinary care as needed
- Coordinated care with an emphasis on patient satisfaction and experience
Dr. Van Ann Tran co-directs the Illinois Center for Thyroid Eye Disease and provides coordinated care of patients with Thyroid Eye Disease (TED). She has expertise with the complex, multi-faceted medical and surgical care of patients with TED. She is a fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and is board-certified in ophthalmology.
Dr. Daniel Toft co-directs the Illinois Center for Thyroid Eye Disease and provides coordinated care of patients with Thyroid Eye Disease (TED). He has extensive experience with TED, complex endocrinologic, and medical conditions. He is board-certified in endocrinology.