- Orthopaedic Arthroscopy
- Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Hand Surgery & Microsurgery
- Joint Reconstruction, Replacement, Therapy
- Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Spine Surgery & Scoliosis Treatment
- Exercise Performance Testing
- Orthopaedic Trauma Treatment
Our Areas of Expertise
The Department of Orthopaedics provides expert treatment for all musculoskeletal injuries, including inpatient and outpatient surgical care, rehabilitation, and orthotics and prosthetics. Our team of board-certified orthopaedists has extensive experience in treating musculoskeletal injuries with surgical and nonsurgical techniques.
- Orthopaedic arthroscopy: Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure performed to visualize, diagnose, and treat problems inside a joint.
- Foot and ankle surgery: Our surgeons use cutting-edge techniques to provide treatment for a wide variety of foot and ankle problems and get you back to your regular activities.
- Hand surgery and microsurgery: Hand surgery and microsurgery specialists provide care to restore motion in the arm and hand, and the sense of touch. They also perform reconstructive procedures for arthritic problems, birth defects, and other non-traumatic problems of the hands and upper extremities.
- Joint reconstruction, replacement, therapy: Our team provides high-quality clinical care for a variety of conditions that affect the joints of the elbow, hip, knee, and shoulder.
- Pediatric orthopaedics: Our specialists offer quality care for children and young adults with congenital, developmental, neuromuscular, and post-traumatic orthopaedic conditions.
- Sports medicine and rehabilitation: The Sports Medicine Program at UI Health is designed to offer comprehensive care for the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for patients all ages and skill levels.
- Spine surgery and scoliosis treatment: Our team provides a wide range of nonsurgical, minimally invasive, and traditional surgical techniques for the treatment of back, neck, and spine problems.
- Exercise performance testing: The Department of Orthopaedics is equipped with state-of-the-art technology designed to improve sports training and performance, and minimize your risk of injury.
- Orthopaedic trauma: Our team is experienced in treating a range of cases, from individual broken bones or soft-tissue injury to multiple, life-threatening musculoskeletal injuries (MSI).