The Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes at UI Health offers comprehensive services to children and adolescents with diabetes and glandular disorders. All of our patients have a personal endocrinologist, and we work collaboratively with primary care physicians, specialty caregivers, and — most importantly — patients and their families to deliver the highest quality of care.
Our Areas of Expertise
- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Diabetes mellitus
- Metabolic syndrome
- Growth disorders
- ROHHAD (rapid-onset obesity with hypothalamic dysfunction, hypoventilation and autonomic dysregulation)
- Disorders of calcium metabolism and thyroid, adrenal, and pituitary glands
The Pediatric Endocrinology team at UI Health includes board-certified pediatric endocrinologists, certified diabetes educators, a registered dietitian, and a pediatric social worker, and our Diabetes Program has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association for diabetes education.
Our faculty and staff participate in clinical care, teaching, and research. The team provides inpatient care at the Children's Hospital, on the NICU, PICU, and pediatric floors. As faculty members, our endocrinologists also provide education and instruction to medical students, residents, and fellows.
- We are committed to providing state-of-the-art care and using cutting-edge technology in the care of children with endocrine disorders and diabetes to help them live healthy, fulfilling lives.
- Our family-centered education programs are designed to empower children and their families to manage their condition and prevent short- and long-term complications.
Request an Appointment
To make an appointment, please fill out the online form or call 312.996.7416. Returning patients and referring doctors can contact us at 312.996.1795.
View our clinic locations and get directions to UI Health here.