FAQs for UIC Students
1. I am a UIC student. Where can I get my prescriptions filled on campus?
- West Campus: Taylor St. Pharmacy 1855 W. Taylor St., Room 1071.
- East/South Campus: University Village Pharmacy 722 W. Maxwell St. 2nd floor, the hall from UI Health Family Medicine the UIC student primary health care location.
2. When are the pharmacies open?
- Taylor Street Pharmacy: Monday–Friday, 9 am to 5:45 pm
- University Village Pharmacy: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm; Wednesday, 9 am to 5:30 pm; Thursday, 8:30 am to 8 pm; Saturday, 9 am to 1 pm
3. Who can get prescriptions filled at these locations?
- All UIC students and UI Health patients and UIC employees.
4. How do I get a prescription filled at one of the Student Preferred Pharmacy locations?
- You may have your prescriber send the prescription electronically or physically bring the prescription to the pharmacy. Other forms of prescriptions may be accepted from prescribers outside the UI Health system.
- Provide your UIC student I-card, and your prescription insurance card to the pharmacy staff.
5. How much will my prescription cost?
- Medication costs and copays will vary depending on the prescription and insurance coverage.
- Please see your CampusCare Certificate of Coverage for more info www.campuscare.uic.edu.
6. Do you accept CampusCare student health benefit program?
- Yes, our student preferred pharmacies are in-network for CampusCare.
- Using our in-network pharmacies with CampusCare limits your up front, out-of-pocket expenses.
7. Do you accept other insurance plans such as my parent’s plan?
- We accept most commercial insurance plans. Please call University Village Pharmacy or Taylor Street Pharmacy to confirm we accept your plan.
8. Is birth control available at your student preferred pharmacy locations?
- Yes. If you are a registered UIC student.
9. If my prescription is located at another pharmacy, can I transfer my prescription to one of the two student preferred
- Give us a call and we will verify if you are able to transfer your current prescription(s).
10. Do you offer UIC student discounts?
- Yes, we offer a 10% discount on over-the-counter items in the pharmacy. We carry a wide selection of items, including saline solution, toothpaste, cough and cold items, pain relievers, etc.
11. Can I pick up my prescription while I wait or the same day?
- Yes, if we have the medication in stock, we will fill your prescription while you wait.
12. Can I get flu shots and other immunizations at the pharmacy?
- Under CampusCare, the flu shot and the pertussis vaccine cost is 100% covered.
- We also accept other insurance plans that may cover immunizations. Ask us for more details regarding other immunizations that we offer.