- Outpatient Hand Therapy
- Outpatient Work Rehabilitation
- Outpatient Rehabilitation for Neurological & Physical Conditions
- Pediatric Therapy
- Behavioral Health
- Inpatient Hospital Therapy
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
Outpatient Work Rehabilitation
The Work Rehabilitation Program at UI Health offers effective work-related services with the goal of increasing a client's ability to participate and manage productive work, maintain health, adhere to safe work practices, and prevent work-related disability.
Work Rehabilitation may address:
- Injury prevention, including education on back care, proper lifting, and design of workstations.
- Evaluations of someone's ability to work, including functional capacity evaluations (FCE).
- Ergonomic assessment looks at workstation design and equipment, and how tasks are being performed. There may be recommendations about ways to make work safer and easier by changing the environment, equipment, or movements involved.
- Consultation about how to implement reasonable accommodations per the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Illinois Workers' Compensation Act.