- Physical Therapy Orthopaedics
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Occupational Therapy & Physical Therapy
- Lymphedema Management Services
- Physical Therapy Wound Care
- Hospital-based Therapy
- Women’s Health & Pelvic Floor Therapy
- Prosthetic Training
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Wheelchair & Seating/Mobility Clinic
- Workers' Comp Rehabilitation
Physical Therapy at UI Health has specially trained physical therapists that treat patients with balance and vestibular disorders. This includes but not limited to diagnoses such as vertigo, which is commonly due to benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), Meniere's disease, inner ear dysfunctions, or problems referred from the neck (cervical spine).
Each patient receives a thorough evaluation to help determine the source of their symptoms. This is done by obtaining a detailed history, reviewing medical testing, and taking a close look at eye movement, as eyes have a direct neurological connection to your inner ear. Balance and strength also are tested to determine if one is at a risk for falls or requires any training in this area.
Based on the specific findings, you and your therapist will develop an individualized treatment program to address your specific needs. Depending on the source of your symptoms, you may notice immediate improvements, or it may take several weeks to notice a change. Our goal is to help you restore yourself to your optimal level and give you strategies for symptom management, if needed, so that you can continue to be as functional, independent, and symptom-free as possible.