Breast Cancer Early Detection
Early detection saves lives.
Know when to get screened.
In accordance with the American College of Radiology's guidelines, UI Health's Cancer Committee and Center for Breast Care recommends:
- Women begin annual screening mammograms at age 40.
- Women who are at an increased risk of breast cancer, for example due to family history breast cancer or a personal history of chest radiation for lymphoma, should have a conversation with their doctor about earlier screening and additional breast screening tests, such as MRI.
- Women ages 35 to 39 may obtain one baseline mammogram.
- Screening should continue as long as a woman is in good health and is expected to live 5 more years or longer.
UI Health offers:
- Same day or next day appointments at our Outpatient Care Center and Mile Square Health Center
- Timely results
- Patient centered care from expert technicians and staff
To learn more about the mammography services at UI Health, click here